Monday, January 24, 2011

Flora and Fauna

 Orchid in BYU Provo greenhouse 1/15/2011
Aperture 1/100   F-stop 8
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
 Bird in Benson building Greenhouse 1/24/2011
Aperture 1/200  F-stop 3.5
Canon Power Shot SD 100 IS

Orchids by fountain in Benson building 1/24/2011
Aperture 1/50  F-stop 2.8
Canon Power Shot SD 1100 IS


I discovered the bird in the Benson my first semester here when I had church in that building. I absolutely love orchids and i just happened to find two really good shots of two different colored orchids. I like the angle on the pink orchids because I was trying to get the fountain in the background so it give it something a little different.

3 comments:

  1. Kelsey,
    I really liked the ominous shot of the testing center window. The angle that you took that at made it look much longer than it really is. Also, with the combination of the overcast sky outside gave it a more dramatic look. I also really like the macro shot of the flowers, the condensation of the pedals give it a textured look. There is also a good contrast with the green background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey, I really really love your white flower pic. The repetition of shapes made by the flower petals and additionally the leaves in the background create a very pleasing design. Also, the lines created in the other flower photo made my eye dance across the photo in a fun and satisfying way, starting with the flowers in the back and leading my through the curve and down to the bottom of the picture, but because the shapes were repeated, my eye wanted to go right back to where it started and do it all over again! Also, the angle you took on the parrot shot is interesting to the eye, but I think with some editing, that birds colors could really sing and make it really pop against the plain background!

    ReplyDelete